Image Map

Friday, January 25, 2013

So... I'm new here

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Dee . I'm a thirty-something, full-time working mom and step-mom of 5. I was blessed to finally meet my soul mate, Jay, in 2007 and we were married in 2010. I have a 7 year old son, R, from my first marriage. Jay has 3 boys from his first marriage; B is 13, D is 9 and A is 7. In November 2011 we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl, M. She has truly completed our family. It has been a learning experience for me going from a single-mom to a step-mom. I went from having 1 child to 4, overnight. I was used to my little man, and then all of the sudden I had 3 little men and a teenager! What a trip! Add Princess M to the picture, and it has really become an adventure. We have his, mine and ours, and the drama that comes along with this mix certainly keeps us on our toes!

I've been intrigued by blogging for quite some time. I have some friends who blog for the purpose of keeping up with out of town family, I have other friends who have travel blogs. I wasn't sure I would have the time, or if anything I have to say would have relevance with so many blogs out there today.

The more I think about it, the more I see it as an opportunity to help myself in an area in which I struggle - and that is balancing the many roles I play in my life. I am a wife, a mother, a step-mother, a full-time employee, a daughter, a sister, and a friend - just to name a few. As my children grow, and my family expands, I am finding it increasingly difficult to navigate all of the twists and turns that come with married life, motherhood and having a blended family.

I think blogging will be great outlet for me to hash things out for myself, to think out loud if you will. I am also counting on it getting me some great advice! I hope that there a few people out there who are taking a similar  journey who can relate to my crazy, zany situation with my kids and our loony ex's, and will want to share the ride. I'm looking forward to trying something different and getting to know new people. I hope you'll come back and see me again :)


3 comments:

Cari said...

yay! Im so glad you are blogging! please dont hesitate to ask if you need anything

Unknown said...

Welcome to blogging!

Sara Louise said...

Wow! That's quite a story, and quite the load of kids! It's sounds like a lot of hard work, but a whole lot of fun! :)