Image Map

Monday, September 9, 2013

FAIL!

So, I had my first runners fail last Friday...

It was a beautiful day, not too hot and no humidity in the air at all, which hardly ever happens during a NY summer. So, I decided to hit the pavement since I haven't been for an outdoor run in ages. The treadmill is so boring, I'd much rather be getting some sun and seeing the sights. 

I got about a mile in when I bit the dust. The pavement was uneven, and I just didn't see it coming. I felt myself falling over but there was nothing I could do to stop it! Of course, as my luck would have it, I fell right in front of R's friends house... womp! womp! Thank goodness that no one from his family saw me. I was slightly disturbed by the fact that a couple of cars passed me & no one stopped to see if I was okay, but I guess that's par for the course in this day and age. 

I was so shaken up that I actually called Jay to come pick me up. I walked a few blocks until he found me, and then I pouted the rest of the way home. I'm little upset with myself now, I feel like I should have gotten up and kept on going. I was afraid I had done more damage than what was immediately visible, but I probably could have finished my course. 




It ended up being a lot of cuts and bruises, plus some soreness and trouble using my right shoulder. I took it easy on Saturday, but yesterday I had to get right back to it - I just took it easy on the right side. I still have some soreness in the shoulder, but I'm hoping it wont last too much longer. 

On a slightly more personal note, my husbands ex-wife is trying to move the boys out of state. Of course we do not believe that being 800 miles away from us in a place where they have no other family is in their best interest, so it looks like we will be heading back to court some time in the near future.  I can handle a lot of things, but I can't handle the thought of not seeing them for a month, or months at a time. I can't handle the thought of what this will do to my husband, or my other 2 children. How can we survive without seeing these faces every week???




We are gearing up for another fight, and I hope the good Lord gives us the strength we need to get through it. Any positive energy you could send our way would be greatly appreciated. 


Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!


post signature

No comments: