Image Map

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

It's Been a While...

I can't believe I haven't blogged since August 9th!!!!!! So sorry about that.

We had a very busy month...

I was SUPER BUSY at work at the beginning of August, and then on 17th we hit the road and headed to... DISNEY!!!!

That's right folks... 1 mom, 1 dad, 1 grandpa, & 5 kiddos all packed into the Odyssey and made the long drive down I-95 to the Sunshine State to spend a week with The Mouse. 
Needless to say, it was a L-O-N-G drive! 


We'd just hit the road...
Still sleeping because they were up until 5 AM!!!!
Yes, even baby M!

We spent a lot of time on the Disney bus line, that was a bit of a pain, but they were troopers!  


We ate a lot of great meals at some really cool places...





And saw a few characters...






The kids had a great week seeing the sights & riding the rides.




I had fun doing a comparison between this trip 
and our last visit in 2009:

What a difference 4 years makes!
Lots of great family time, which we certainly 
don't get enough of at home...




We celebrated Grandpa Dave's birthday when we got back from Florida with all you can eat pasta at a local favorite Italian spot... complete with cannolis, apple pie & key lime pie for dessert! 

We didn't have too much down time at home before we hit the road again Labor Day weekend. The boys were with their mom for the last weekend of the month, so we took R and M to Boston to watch our niece Ashley play in the Stars of Mass soccer tournament. 

What should have taken 3 hours took 5, and boy do I hate traffic! We hit stop & go in the Bronx and throughout most of Connecticut. The rain definitely wasn't helping. Luckily, once we made it to the city the rain held out for the rest of the day. Our first stop was the New England Aquarium. Baby M's current movie of choice is Finding Nemo, so she was in her glories!!!








We capped the weekend off watching Ashley's team take home the gold in their tournament. It POURED the whole day,
 but it was worth it! 

That's my girl in the red!!!

Sadly, we are now back to reality. School started yesterday for R, and the rest of my boys go back on Monday... 


I'm sad to see the summer go, but anxious to start a new school year, and a new position at work. I'm looking forward to putting a new philosophy on life into action this year. I'm working on focusing on the good, for myself and my family, and not letting other people's negativity get me down. 

Hope you all had a wonderful end of summer, 
and that you all have lots of love and luck for whatever fall may bring to you and your loved ones! 


post signature

No comments: