Image Map

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Vacation Recap & a Little Setback...

The week before last I had a much needed vacation from work. It didn't start out well & it didn't end well, but the middle was damn near fantastic!!!

I had an ear infection the end of the week previous so I kinda felt crappy all weekend, but the week itself was great. Spent a whole day sans kiddos shopping with my bestie! We even got to eat 2 meals together alone. The best part was, they were hot & we didn't have to share them with anyone!!!

Wednesday we took R & M into the city to the Discovery Museum to see The Art of the Brick exhibit, which R LOVED!!! It wasn't very expensive, but either way it was worth every penny! M had a blast on the train, she kept saying "go fast, go fast!" My dad met us in the city (he works in NJ) & the kids always love time with their Poppa. We went to Bubba Gump Shrimp in Times Square for dinner, & the kids loved that, too. The service sucked, but the food was delish!










Friday while R was at camp we took A & D mini-golfing at this really cool place out by their house, & then we took them out to lunch. Then we picked up R & they all went swimming at Grandma & Grandpa's.



Sunday we dropped all the kids off with good old Grandma & Grandpa and we headed out to Atlantic City to have an early anniversary celebration. We partied a bit on Sunday with our awesome cousins, and had a nice romantic day together on Monday. We did some shopping, walked the boardwalk & followed it up with an amazing dinner at Luke Palladino's in Harrah's (thanks again to our awesome cousins). I highly recommend it if you ever find yourself in AC.








Tuesday we headed home & then the shit hit the fan... M came down with Coxsackie virus. She had 102- 104 temperature for 3 days. Follow this up with R slamming his head and needing 5 stitches on Friday, and that was HELL WEEK in a nutshell. This is what we get for going away without the kids. Worst part was, this pushed back our week with the boys since we didn't want them to get sick :(




I tried to keep up with exercising while on vacation, but I really fell off at the end. It's hard to stay motivated when you're away. I have also been experiencing some numbness and tingling in my left leg since right before we left for AC. It started out in the area just around my knee cap but has since spread up and down my leg. I'm not sure if this is something that will go away on it's own or if I should be really concerned about it. It hasn't affected my running too much, but I am having some difficulty feeling the step during my aerobics class :/

Anyone have any experience with this? Should I call my ortho or wait it out???

In the meantime, I guess I'll just keep hobbling along...


post signature

1 comment:

Samantha @ 24 to 30 said...

Just found your blog, you have the cutest family! I hope your leg is ok!