Image Map

Thursday, July 18, 2013

3 Years Already???

Three years ago today I married my lobster, the love of my life... my best friend and partner.

Sometimes I still can't believe it. After my previous life experiences, I really didn't think I'd ever get married. You know that saying, "always a bridesmaid, never a bride"? That was me. I don't know what made me agree to that blind date... or text him almost 2 months after that blind date never happened (read about that here),
but it was the best decision I have EVER made.

It's amazing to me how quickly I knew there was something special between us. I could literally picture myself growing old with this man, after only a couple of weeks of dating! It was a strange feeling, but I couldn't stop what was happening, and I loved every second of it. I still do. He still gives me butterflies. The anticipation of our time alone together still gets me giddy like a teenage girl. I really feel so blessed.

Don't get me wrong, it hasn't always been sunshine and flowers; especially having a blended family and all the drama that comes along with us each having inconsiderate, selfish exes. We have had our share challenges over the past 3 years, but I think it is the way we get through them together that makes our marriage stronger.
So, in a way I am grateful for all of the crap too.

I consider myself a lucky woman because I have had the opportunity to experience true love, to love someone so deeply that you feel like you are a part of that other person; like you may not physically be able to carry on without your other half. I am truly blessed to share my life with my best friend. We came together with 4 handsome sons whose love for us and each other has only made our love for one another stronger, and from that love has come the most beautiful gift I could have ever received. Three years, four boys and one beautiful baby girl later, I can honestly say that I have everything I could ever need in life. So even though I'm not sure if he actually reads this blog....

Happy 3rd Anniversary to my lobster, Jason... there are not enough words to express my love for you or the gratitude I feel daily that God sent you & the boys to R and I to make our world a better place. Thank you for giving me every thing I have ever wanted, and for making sure each day is an adventure. These have been the best 3 years of my life so far; some of the most difficult as well, but also the most rewarding. I love the life we have built together and couldn't imagine it any other way, with any other man. You are a loving husband, a wonderful friend, and an amazing & dedicated father. We are so lucky to have you!!!  



Hope you guys enjoy some of my favorite pictures from our special day:








Wishing a Happy Anniversary to all you other July Brides!!!!



post signature

No comments: