Image Map

Friday, August 9, 2013

Who are you??? Parts 5 & 6!

So, I don't know if any of you blog from an iPad but I am here to tell you I will never try that again! My iPad lost yesterday's post not once, but twice! Since I'm still feeling like crap from my upper respiratory infection, there was no way I was attempting it a third time yesterday.... so today you'll get a double dose of me :)

Photobucket

Part 5

Describe your relationship with your parents:

Some of you may not know that my mom passed away 15 years ago. I was 20 when she died, so we had a bit of rough patch going through the typical teenage stuff. My mom was awesome though, I could talk to her about anything, and we became very close while she was sick. I took a semester off from college to take her to her treatments (my dad had just started a new job), so we spent a lot of time together at the end. I was lucky to share that time with her. I often say that one of the only blessings to come from my mom's death is my relationship with my dad. Don't get me wrong, we were always close, but my mom was the dominant personality in our house. In her absence I have learned a lot about who my dad is and what he stands for. Living alone with him for 8 years, I really got to know him as a man and a father. I know I can't count on my dad for anything, and now I can go to him to talk about any problem we might be facing. He has really stepped in and taken over both roles over the years. We are truly lucky to have him. 



Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 
Probably in the exact same place. Hopefully a little better off financially, but probably not in much different a place than we are now. 
10 years? 
Hopefully in a bigger house, and going back to school to finally pursue my art/teaching degree. 
15 years?
Hopefully I'll be spending a lot more quality time with Jay because he should be retired by then! I would also love to be enjoying my new career as an elementary art teacher, while helping M navigate the struggles of being a teenager. Maybe even some wedding bells for our oldest boy???



What’s your favorite holiday and why?

Christmas. Christmas Eve to be more precise. Christmas was my mom's favorite holiday, and I live to carry on her traditions every year. I love the preparations & decorating, the smell of garlic & oil and frying fish, and any excuse I could possibly have to make my mom's famous Italian cheesecake. It brings me back to better times every year. 

Halloween is a close second because it's my kids favorite. They LOVE everything about it. The costumes, decorating the house, the candy! There enthusiasm is contagious, & they make it difficult not to get as excited as they are! Plus I went into labor with M on Halloween, so that also brings back happy memories for me :)



What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood?

Favorite:
Snuggles. I love snuggles with my kids more than anything. 
Also, I love the way it makes me feel when I see them feeling pride in themselves for accomplishing something new or difficult. When they are happy, my heart smiles.

Least Favorite:
Sleep deprivation. Hands down that is the worst part of parenthood. It really screws you up. You can't understand it until you live it. 



If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?

Famous:
Bill Clinton. I would love to chat with him about his childhood, his presidency and hear about the Monica Lewinsky scandal straight from the horses mouth. 
Family: 
My Grandpa Ralph. He died a year before I was born and growing up I was always hearing all these amazing stories about him. I would love to have the opportunity to talk to him and get to know him. 
Either way, the meal would be the same. Lobster bisque, Alaskan king crab claws, mushroom ravioli with some kind of cream sauce, followed up by cup of hot tea and a cannoli. Yum-O!



Part 6


What popular notion do you think the world 
has most wrong?

Well, I wouldn't call this a popular notion, per say... but I'm so sick of these celebrities who are famous for doing absolutely nothing. We as a society keep watching these people and lining their pockets when they've really done nothing to earn or deserve it. We put way too much stock in entertainment here in the US. If all the "real housewives" and the Kardashian's chipped in together, I bet they could put a nice dent in the number of starving children on the streets of America. Instead they are buying solid gold toilets, and we keep asking for more. There is definitely something wrong with this picture. 


What is your favorite part of your body and why?

My stomach has always been my smallest part, even when I was at my heaviest (& let's face it, who doesn't love small?). Now it's probably also my strongest body part, and that strength keeps me centered. Plus, my babies grew there!  


What’s your favorite quality in your spouse?

It will be hard for me to chose just one, because my husband has so many wonderful qualities. I would have to say his sensitivity is one of my favorites. He is very open and honest about how he feels, and I feel like that is hard to come by in a man. I never have to question where I stand on things with him, and I love that. I also think it makes his relationship with our children better because they are never guessing about how he feels. 


What are your hopes and dreams for your 

prosperity?

In many ways, as cliche as this may sound, I am far more prosperous than I ever imagined possible. In terms of love I am rich beyond my wildest dreams. Realistically, it would be nice not to have to struggle and live paycheck to paycheck. If NYC would ever settle their contract with the PD and maybe Jay could get a raise after 4 years with nothing, we might be in a better place. It would also be nice to have enough money to fix up our POS house or buy a new one. Until then, we'll just keep plugging along. 


List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.


1. Love
2. Honesty
3. Strength
4. Kindness
5. Devotion
6. Work ethic
7. My smile
8. Good listening
9. Sense of humor/Laughter
10. My children

This was fun! Happy Friday everyone!!!!




post signature

1 comment:

Kimmyyy83 said...

Love this! Thank you so much for linking up with me all week!!!