Image Map

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Checking In....

Just want to start by wishing a Very Happy 12th Birthday to my beautiful niece Ashley, who loves it when she gets a shout out on my blog :) Hope you have a great day, darlin'! We love you!!!





Last Monday I started the Dr. Oz 2 week rapid weight loss plan. I went into it knowing we were going to Atlantic City Sunday and Monday, and that I would definitely be off the plan while we were there. 


Here's a few things I've learned so far:

1. Don't start what you know you can't/wont finish - I lost 4 pounds the first 5 days... and then in AC I went on a 2 day bender and gained half of it back. Even worse than that, afterwards I FELT. LIKE. SHIT. Which leads me to lesson #2. 

2. Gluten is the devil - I didn't realize what an impact this was having on me until I went without it for a whole solid week and then went back. Since the weekend I have been extremely bloated and felt exhausted, and both physically and mentally sluggish. I have no energy to do anything. I was feeling so good before! I'm honestly a little mad at myself for getting so carried away.

3. I'm done with chicken - I had grilled chicken a few times during the week last week as my 6 oz. for the day. Each time I got more and more turned off by it. When we were out to dinner Sunday night I ordered Chicken Parmesan, I figured if it's smothered in sauce and cheese how bad could it be? Well, even that grossed me out, so I think I'm done eating chicken for a while. 

4. I can survive without soda! It's been over two weeks now since I had any kind of soda, so I told myself that I would have some while we were away if they had my beloved Diet Dr. Pepper. Of course my Diet DP was no where to be found... so, no soda for me! I drank vodka with seltzer like a real grown up! Who knew? My sister would be so proud :)


This week I am back to Dr. Oz's plan, although I am substituting eggs for some of the meat since chicken is now off the table. I'm not sure if I will just finish out the original 2 weeks or try to do another full 2 weeks from when I got back on Tuesday, but one thing is for sure - I'm definitely keeping away from gluten and keeping the carbs and dairy to a minimum. Last week I felt better than I have in a long time, and now I am still recuperating from just 2 days of not paying attention to what I was fueling myself with. I'm definitely going to make a lot of these changes permanent. 

Since I was feeling so great last week, I had tons of energy to do the Focus T25 workouts I ordered. Shaun T is crazy, but in a good way. They were hard, but who doesn't have 25 minutes? Sunday and Monday were my rest days, but of course I still went to the gym for my favorite class Sunday morning. My legs were like JELL-O!!! 

This week I have fizzled out big time because I truly have had ZERO energy. I should have started back up on Tuesday, but I laid around in my pajamas instead. The SNOW DAY here yesterday did not help my laziness situation, AT ALL. Today I'm getting back in the saddle, I have to just rip off the band aid and get right back into it. I'm going to double up for the next couple of days so I can stay on schedule. Hopefully my legs don't fall off. 



How is the weather where you are? Were you lazy or productive with your snow day???





post signature

No comments: