Image Map

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It's Thursday again....

I can hardly believe it!

With R making his 1st Holy Communion this Saturday, we have much to be thankful for.

I am thankful for our beautiful church and parish. Although we do not get there as often as I would like, we are always welcomed. Even though God and I have had a bit of a tumultuous relationship since my mom passed away, it is nice to know we have a place to go should we need him.

I am thankful for my wonderful sister and amazing best friend, who never let me down when I need them. They both helped me hand make chocolate covered Oreo favors for the party. It was a lot of "patshke-ing" as my bestie would say... so I definitely couldn't have done it without them! Thanks to Jay as well for helping me with final batch. <3

I am thankful that R's dad and I have come to a place where we can be civil and make decisions that are best for R. I was very concerned about the ceremony, having to plan & pay for this party and mix both sides of the family, but everything has gone very smoothly to date. It's nice that after all this time we can put aside our differences and do the right thing for our boy. Lord knows it isn't always this easy!

On a personal note, I'm thankful that I FINALLY finished week 3 of C25K!!!! I thought I was in pretty good shape, but this running thing is really kicking my A$$ people!!! I'm theoretically almost half way there. My goal for this week is to actually get out there at least 3 days - tentatively scheduled for Friday, Sunday & Tuesday. I'm hoping if I put it out there I will actually stick to it!!! Life gets in the way A LOT, but I am thankful I am able to carve out some time for me... healthy mommy = happy mommy!

Happy Thursday :)


post signature

No comments: