Image Map

Monday, August 5, 2013

Who Are You??? Part 2 & Birthday Recap

Photobucket

If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?

1. To have my mother back. If I had only one wish, that's what it would be. I would take one more word, hug or kiss over anything else I could possibly receive. Any day. Hands down. 


2. A cure for cancer. I HATE cancer. It has taken far too many of my loved ones, and loved ones of people I love. It needs to end. I'm over it


3. Money. Let's be honest here... who wouldn't like some more cold, hard cash? Of course money isn't everything, but it would make things a whole hell of a lot easier for us. I would love to have enough so we could live comfortably without me having to work, and also to help out the people closest to me. That's not too much to ask, is it? 


What is your dream job, and why?


It's hard to say, because there are a lot of things I enjoy, but I think my dream job would be to teach art workshops for children. I wouldn't want to be a school teacher because let's face it, if it's my dream job, it wouldn't be full time! As you may have learned from Friday's post, I almost majored in art. I love drawing and painting, so it would be really cool to be able to combine that with my other favorite thing, kids! Also, it would be great if these workshops could be held in an upscale community so they pay me the big bucks! Who wouldn't want to make buku bucks for doing what they love? Sign me up!  


What are 5 passions you have? 


1. My children. Hands down, they are my focus in life. I am extremely passionate about loving them, and giving them the best life we possibly can. 


2. My husband. I went through a lot of crap before I met my lobster. It makes me appreciate all of the things that make him so amazing, definitely more so than I would've if I hadn't had the life experiences that I did. I love him more than anything, and I have no problem telling anyone and everyone. I try my best to show him, every day. 


3. Fundraising for pancreatic cancer research. Every year we do The Lustgarten Foundation walk for pancreatic cancer research. If you follow me on Facebook, then you know how hardcore I get when trying to get sponsors for our team, Remember Margaret, during walk time. In fact, I'll take this opportunity to plug it now, and ask you all to consider supporting this cause that is so close to my heart. The Long Island walk will be held on Sunday, October 13th this year. If you are local, maybe you can walk with us. If not, maybe you can spare a few bucks for research to find a cure for one of the deadly types of cancer out there. There is only a 6% survival rate after 5 years. My mom only lasted 7 months... 


4. Exercise. Jay jokes that it has become a bit of an obsession lately. I think it's more the mindset behind it than the actual exercise itself. I am determined to be fit and healthy so I can live a long life. I want to be able to enjoy my children now while they are young, to be able to play ball and chase after them. I want to be there to see all 5 of my lovelies graduate from college and get married. I don't want to miss one single minute. I am going to be one kick-ass grandma, and nothing is going to stand in my way of that. He calls it an obsession. I say I am passionate. Passionate about being strong and healthy for my family.


5. Organization. This is ridiculous, I know. However, I have a touch of OCD... I am a stickler for things being neat, and always in their proper place. Mise en Place, as an old friend used to say. I feel that when everything is where it belongs, you are set up for success. I believe this to be true both at home and at work, although it's much easier to execute at work!   



List 10 7 people who have influenced you and describe how:


1. My mother. Obviously as my mother influenced me in many ways, but her life and in more ways, her death, have made me the woman I am today. Of course there are all the life lessons, the craftiness, the artistic ability, the cooking, the baking, my fire, my loyalty, all of these things come from her and the time we shared together... but my determination to take care of myself and be healthy, that comes from her death. I am grateful for it all. 


2. My father. The only silver lining in the cloud that was my mother's death, has been the amazing relationship I now share with my dad as a result of her absence. Don't get me wrong, we always had a good relationship, but my mom was the dominant personality. In her absence I have come to really know my dad, and I have learned a lot of wonderful lessons from him. Hard work, determination, planning, punctuality (the importance of, not necessarily the ability to execute) and my cleanliness & organizational skills... these are all things that my dad has impressed upon me. 


3. My sister. Being almost 13 years older, most of what one needs to know about being a woman, I learned from my sister. She was there the first time I got my period, she taught me how to tease my hair, and I learned to put on make-up by staring at her relentlessly for hours on end. She trusted me with my nephew when he was only an infant, and all the time I spent with him helped make me into the mother I am today. 


4. Marci. Not everyone is lucky enough to have a friend who is there for them unconditionally over the course of 30 years. She has influenced me more than she knows, on how to be a good friend, a good wife, a good mother & a good person. 


5. My grandma Laura. Growing up my grandma always lived downstairs from us and having her literally underfoot, it would be impossible not to have been influenced by her in some way. From her I take my love of cooking, my short temper, and also the knowledge that it is really unacceptable to leave the house without your "face' on. 


6. Mrs. Frankel, my 5th grade teacher. She was an amazing teacher, who shared her love of books and reading. It was in her class that I discovered a love for writing in addition to reading, and with her praise and encouragement, I discovered a little sorely needed self-esteem as well.

7. Roni Downey, my high school art teacher. She encouraged me to pursue art and in doing so, she showed me a side of myself that I didn't know existed. She gave me an outlet for emotions I didn't know how to express, and that quite possibly saved me from myself at that time. 


Describe your most embarrassing moment:

When I was preggo with R, I was still working for the Gap, and they had transferred me to the Miracle Mile. I hated that store because the rest of the management staff there was not at all sympathetic to what I was going through at the time, and it was a 45 min commute every day. I was there for the entire length of my pregnancy, which was TORTURE! So towards the end, when I was going to the bathroom 100 10 times a day, it was really a bitch because the bathroom was in the basement (the store was 2 floors). So one day I'm on bathroom trip #7 for the day, and I come waddling out and drag myself back upstairs... My skirt was stuck inside my underwear, & my big fat pregnant ass was hanging out for everyone to see. The worst part, nobody told me! I felt the breeze, that's when I realized :/ God, I hated that store.... 




Okay, on to A's Birthday Recap!!!

I was a nervous wreck all morning because it was pouring and I really didn't want his pool party to be ruined. Plus, I knew my mother-in-law had most likely gone out of her way with extra decorations and goodies (because she's great like that) and I didn't want her to be upset if A was disappointed. Thank goodness the sun came out and they were able to swim like the fishes they are! We had pizza and cake, and A was a happy camper come present time because he got lots of Gamestop gift cards, which was what he really wanted. We had a few people not show up, without a phone call, but this seems to be the norm lately. All in all, a good time was had by all! 









Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

post signature

No comments: