1. List 20 random facts about yourself
1. I like multiples of 2. I know it's a little OCD, but I have a thing about even numbers. I like to do things an even amount of times, or eat an even number of things... weird, I know.
2. If we have an argument, DO NOT point your finger at me. I will most likely attempt to break it off. I LOATHE finger pointing! It is my biggest pet peeve, EVER.
3. I could wear flip-flops or sandals all year long if the weather allowed. Bottom line, I need to move to a warmer state so I can let my feet breathe permanently. No more of this boots in the winter shit!
4. Every single occurrence in my life can somehow be related to FRIENDS. It is my favorite TV show of all time, and I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode at least 5 times, if not more. Those of you who frequent my little bloggy space know that Jay is typically referred to as "my lobster". This is my favorite and most relevant Friends reference <3.
5. I love Mariah Carey. I know everyone thinks she is a diva & a mega-biotch... but she's my homegirl, has been since the 6th grade.
6. I don't drink coffee. Ever. I think it's gross, I can't even stand the smell. I'll take a nice cup of hot tea any day.
7. I HATE ANTS. I mean really, really HATE them! I'm talking follow them around my living room with a vacuum sucking their little asses up hate them. Stand over them with a shoe and beat them into the ground hate them... and yet, they keep coming back to find me! They followed me from my apartment to my house. Don't they know I'm just going to kill them???
8. I was unwilling to have children past the age of 33. Good thing baby M was able to sneak in one month before my 33rd birthday :)
9. My middle name is Stefanie, with a f, and it was almost my first name. My parents changed their mind in the delivery room and decided to switch the order. I'm glad they did. I love my name.
10. I took piano lessons for most of my childhood. Even for those who know me well this may come as a shock, considering the adult version of me has absolutely no musical inclination whatsoever!
11. I almost went to art school. I was hardcore into drawing and painting in high school. My mother talked me out of it because she said didn't want me to become a starving artist. "There's no money in that", she always used to say. I think she just didn't want me to go to college all the way in Vermont.
12. I love feet. This could have something to do with #4 :)
13. I still bite my nails.
14. I had 3 cats growing up. Now we have no pets. Wah!
15. I once made Jay take the train into Manhattan and travel all the way uptown to Levain Bakery for the sole purpose of getting chocolate chip cookies. They were, in fact, the best chocolate thing I have ever eaten. Food Network & Rocco Dispirito do not lie.
16. I'm addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper.
17. I'm the kind of girl who typically watches a movie once & then moves on, but I can watch Forrest Gump over and over and never get tired of it.
18. Thanks to my four boys and super geek hubby, I am also addicted to superheroes. It's hard to pic a fave, but Iron Man and Captain America are probably my top 2. I also have a soft spot for the Hulk :) Batman's not bad either... especially as long as Christian Bale is playing him ;)
19. I am completely against putting my daughter in any article of clothing that has either an elephant or a hippopotamus on it. If you've ever had a weight problem you'll get where I'm coming from on this one.
20. Liar Liar with Jim Carey is my favorite comedy ever. I can probably recite 3/4 of the movie from memory. If you ever want to literally laugh your ass off, check that flick out!
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears
1. I have an extremely large, occasionally irrational fear of death. I think this has been amplified since my mom passed away. My biggest fear is that I will die at a young age and leave my children behind before they are ready. It happened to me. I don't want to do it to them. This is also directly related to my other legit fears, which could all lead to death... at least they can in my twisted mind.
2. Since childhood I have been petrified of bridges. When I was a kid I had a nightmare that our car got stuck on a drawbridge as it opened and we all fell in the water. The was the birth of my fear. As a kid I would lie down in the backseat when riding over a bridge. As I got older, I would make whoever was driving stay in the left lane or I would freak out! I can drive over one myself when necessary, but I have to drive as fast as safely possible in the left lane only. When I used to smoke I would have to have a lit cigarette or I couldn't make it across.
3. I am also afraid of heights, which when coupled with the tragic events of 9/11, make me deathly afraid of flying. I will do it when I have to, but thankfully it isn't often and it requires a lot of preparation on my part. I must take Xanex, Dramamine, and have an alcoholic beverage of some sort while waiting in the airport. I have gotten better since having the kids because I don't want to pass my ridiculous fear on to them, but to say I am a terrible flier would be putting it mildly. My poor hubs has sore hands for a week after we fly anywhere. I'm surprised haven't broken any of his fingers yet!
3. Describe your relationship with your spouse
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could
1. Go to class! It's not really that bad.
2. Ditch half these idiots you hang around with, they won't be around in 5 years anyway.
3. Pursue your art dream and minor in psychology instead, you probably won't use your degree either way.
4. Be nicer to mom & spend more time with her, you never know what will happen in life.
5. Get the family recipes!
6. DON'T get the Gwenyth Paltrow Sliding Doors haircut! It is awful and will take you 3 years to grow out!
7. Get a used car & put the rest of the money in the bank.
9. Treat your body better, it's the only one you're going to get.
10. Your life will be nothing like your planning it to be, so just enjoy the ride!
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
Jay, the kids, weekends to spend with Jay & the kids, exercising & getting fit, & chocolate. I know those last two seem like they should negate each other, but I
can't won't give up my chocolate!!!
That was fun! Looking forward to getting to know some new peeps, and getting to know more about some old peeps!!!