Image Map

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Who are you??? Part 3

Photobucket



Describe 10 pet peeves you have:


1. Finger pointing! As mentioned in part 1, if you point your finger at me I may just have to break it off!

2. Long fingernails on boys. I am constantly trimming my boys nails. Jay thinks I'm a little kooky. I can't stand nails long enough to trap dirt. What's so wrong with looking clean???

3. Leaving the toilet seat up. I know I live with 5 "men", so I should be used to it, but I refuse. I grew up in a house with 3 other women, the toilet seat was always down, where it belongs. 


4. Being cut off while driving. Why do people insist on darting out in front of you only to do 10 mph? It makes me INSANE! 


5. When people continue to shop while at the register. If you weren't done shopping, you shouldn't have gotten on line!!! 


6. People who get on the express line with more than 12 items. People, please... read the sign... and learn to count. RUDE!


7. Bad customer service. I can't stand this in general, probably a result of my many years in retail, but it annoys me most in restaurants. Nothing worse than paying for a bad meal, or a bad experience. 


8. Reply All. The members of my union are famous for this, & also my sons baseball team. Why does every single person need to see your response? Do I really need to know why Bobby can't make practice this week or that you will be away on vacation next month? Just hit Reply people, just reply!!!

9. Self-Tanner. I know there are some good ones on the market, but I can't stand the ones that turn your skin all streaky & orange. How do people not notice that their skin is orange??? Orange is not a natural looking skin tone on anyone. Yikes!

10. People who don't follow through. I can't stand it when people go back on their word. If you can't make it, call. If you can't do it, don't offer. "Promise only what you can deliver. Then deliver more than you promise." - Author unknown.  


Describe a typical day in your current life:


6:45 - Alarm goes off for work. Hit snooze, at least twice. Get ready for work, slowly. I am so not a morning person. Leave for work. Try not to kill anyone on my 5 minute drive across town. Work all day. (I won't bore you with the details. It's not a glamorous job. I don't hate it, but it's definitely not my dream job. The kids keep it interesting, but they are the only highlight.) I try to exercise on my break. I usually walk the track this way I know if all else fails, I at least have my guaranteed 30 minutes of cardio, 5 days a week. During school I go home for lunch, in the summer my break is too short so I eat at my desk. 

3:45 - arrive home. Depending on the day, I usually exercise and then hang out with my hubs & the kiddos until he leaves for work. I just joined a gym finally, after talking about it for months, so my afternoon routine may be changing shortly. After Jay leaves I go into single mom mode. I make dinner, serve it, attempt to eat some of it myself while it is still semi-hot, clean up from dinner, vacuum the dining room & the girl's high chair to keep away the dreaded ants, mop the floor, shake out the tablecloth and... then more chores. There is never a shortage of things to do in my house, it just depends on whether or not I actually have the energy to do them. Especially since during the school year there is usually a baseball practice or game thrown in here as well. Typically after dinner I'm doing some kind of laundry, or dishes. Hopefully after all the cleaning & running around there is some time leftover for snuggling with my babies. Snuggling is followed by showers & stories, & then it's sleepy time for the kiddos. You would think this is where the relaxation comes in, but no such luck! I still have to make R's lunch for the next day and make sure his camp/school bag is packed. 
Finally! 10:00 - I drag myself to bed, where I usually get sidetracked by social media & Bejeweled Blitz, and end up not going to sleep until 11:30 anyway. 


Funny Family Ecard: My children's laughter is my favorite sound! The sound of their deep breathing when I know they're asleep is a close second.

Usually once a week I just say f*%k it, order in and just hang out with the kiddos & to hell with the chores! No one can keep up that pace every day!!!  



What’s the hardest part of growing up?


For me, the hardest part of growing up has been learning to be fiscally responsible. It is very hard to strike a balance between what is necessary and also being able to enjoy your life. We struggle a lot, and I hate that. It was much easier when mom & dad took care of everything.




In terms of watching my children grow up, the hardest part for me is when they are at school and I have no control over what's happening to them. I worry all the time about whether or not they are having a good day, did they eat lunch? Are the other kids being nice to them? I heard a quote once, " making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone. 

I've never heard a truer statement before in my life. 


Describe 5  weaknesses and strengths you have:


Weaknesses:
1. Short temper
2. Sarcasm
3. Food
4. Shopping
5. Poor self-image

Strengths:
1. Loyalty
2. Honesty
3. Good listener
4. Organizational skill
5. Integrity



Describe when you knew your spouse was the one:




For me, there wasn't one trait, or one particular instance that made me realize that Jay was the one for me - but I do remember the exact moment I knew...  

I'm sure most women say this, but my husband truly is a great guy. It was easy for me to see this right from the beginning  The first thing that attracted me to him was the way he spoke about his boys. It was blatantly obvious that he was an amazing daddy, and it was heartbreaking to see how being separated from them was taking a toll on him. His honesty and vulnerability when it came to how much he was missing them and being a full time dad, that drew me in. Then he met R, and that very well may have sealed the deal. He was so at ease & natural with him and R needed that so badly in his little life, it melted my heart right from the start. Then there was his job. IMO, it takes a special kind of person to be a cop - selfless, brave, and dedicated, he is one of the hardest work men I know.  Of course, add all this in with his dashing good looks, and I would have been very hard pressed to find a better catch. 

I will never forget the exact moment I knew I would spend the rest of my life with this man. Six years later and I still remember it as clear as day. We were only dating a few weeks, and Jay had taken me to see Transformers. We were sitting there in the theater, watching the coming attractions. He had his arm around me and I had my head resting on his chest, and I suddenly had this overwhelming feeling that I could see myself in the very same spot 30 years down the road. In that instant I knew I could grow old with this man, that there was no place else I would rather be. The rest, as they say, is history. 


Who are you????


post signature

No comments: