Image Map

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Snack Bowl!

For those of you who don't know, my handsome hubby has many titles - husband, daddy,
& step-daddy just to name a few, but one of the most important, is "Officer".
He is an amazing family man by day, and dedicated police officer by night.

Luckily, his latest assignment has landed him steady Sundays off, and an amazing group of co-workers. It was a nice treat that he was guaranteed to be off for Super Bowl Sunday. Since our beloved New York Giants were not in the running this year, the hubs and I were a little on the fence about what to do for the big game. Jay's partner and his wife hosted their entire unit at their place, and we decided to hire the babysitter and hang out sans kids. I'm so glad we did! We had a great time!

Of course, all of us ladies were there for the commercials and half-time show, & to keep track of the boxes, but my favorite part was.... the FOOD! I spent the better part of last year on Weight Watchers trying to shed the extra pounds from baby M. I can proudly say that I am currently entering month 5 of maintenance. It's been hard work, but it's worth it to feel good and be able to keep up with my kiddos. With that being said, Super Bowl Sunday most definitely = cheat day! We had amazing Buffalo wings from a local place, and of course, pizza. Jay and I made a delicious 6 layer Mexican dip, that was my favorite! This was all followed by a delicious slice of cannoli cake and a brownie :) I had a few beers, but I only drink Michelob Ultra, because it's very low in points. I hate to drink my calories ;) ;)


I did catch a few commercials and some of Beyonce's half time show. I think the Taco Bell commercial was my favorite, but I also really enjoyed the Budweiser Clydesdale's:



Oprah's Jeep commercial:



and the Dodge Farmers



I missed both of the Doritos commercials, which I heard were pretty funny - I was apparently too busy stuffing my face! Which commercials did you like best?

I saw Beyonce's opening and closing songs, which I thought were both fantastic. She is a really great entertainer, and Damn, can that girl sing!!! I was dying to see what she would do after the whole Inauguration controversy.  I missed Destiny's Child, but honestly I wasn't too broken up over it, I'm not much of a half-time show junkie. Usually I'm busy in the kitchen during that time.

So, only two minor down-sides to our fun evening out... Thanks to the safety, which quite frankly, I'm still trying to understand... we lost out on ninety bucks. Bummer. Also, that baby M decided to take a nap at 8:00. We knew she was going to fall asleep early, because she did not nap well during the day. Unfortunately, when big brother R came home from his dad's, he made a lot of noise - shocker! - and woke her up... at 9:30!!! An hour and a half nap at 8 pm!!! NG!!! (This is short for NOT GOOD! - you should memorize this, I use it, A LOT.) Anywho, she was up until past midnight after her late evening siesta! Needless to say, I was one sleepy momma yesterday. This is what I get folks, for trying to enjoy a night out with Jay. This is the Mommy Karma! I was dragging all day!


No comments: