Image Map

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I spent the begininng of this week having a bit of a pity party.
I have to learn not to let other people dictate my happiness in life.
I try to be ambiguous when it comes to the ex's here on the blog, in case the kids ever come across it.
I don't want to be that step-mom...
but sometimes there is just no sugar-coating it.
Jay's ex is an asshole. Plain and simple. No two ways about it.
I've been stewing over the latest infraction for almost a week now,
and it's sucking my positive energy - so I need to let it go.
I need to focus on the positives... so here were are :)

Today I am thankful that R's baseball season finally starts on Saturday. It's a big fat bummer that I have to miss the game because this Saturday is also one of only three Saturdays I work all year. I'm really happy for him though, he is SO psyched! This year the kids are able to pitch and they will be keeping score. He is literally counting down the days!!!

I am thankful that the weather is finally warming up (insert sunshine & huge grin emojis here). No jackets here for the past 3 days! This means happy kids & it's been great for my exercise routine :)

I am thankful that I made it through week 1 of C25K and actually started on week 2! WEEK 2!
Can you believe it???
I really didn't think I could do it, so it has been a huge boost to my confidence to get that shit done!
Now I just need some good jams to keep me going, anyone have any suggestions???

I am thankful that my kids are healthy. I have been hearing way too many tragic stories these days, and it makes me so grateful to have my happy, healthy, for-the-most-part well-adjusted bunch of kiddos. Our life may not be perfect, but we have all the blessings we need.

Happy Almost-Friday Folks!!! Enjoy your day :)



post signature

No comments: